In the framework of the ROADMAP2 project, a series of Webinars will be held with international experts on Disaster Risk Management (DRM) issues, with the objective of discussing relevant topics on the management of various phases of risks to find good practices.
The first webinar, entitled “Practices of Foresight in Disaster Risk Management planning” will be held on 25th January 2024, 10.00-12.00 CET.
The aim of the webinar is to provide a forum for exchange on and assessment of DRM and civil protection actors’ practices in using foresight techniques to overcome the uncertainty and complexity of factors determining the outcome of future disasters. The webinar will more specifically explore the following questions:
- What kind of foresight practices are used by disasters risk management and civil protection actors?
- What has made these foresight practices particularly useful in terms of anticipating and mitigating disaster risks?
For this purpose, we will have lectures from different experts, namely:
- Kati Orru (University of Tartu) – Foresight in disaster management planning – some key findings from ROADMAP2 analysis;
- Laurent Bontoux (JRC) – Embedding foresight principles into EU disaster resilience policies;
- Simone Kimpeler (Fraunhofer Institute) – Methodologies for Foresight in Disaster Management planning;
- Jussi Korhonen (Finnish Ministry of Interior) – Foresight application in Finnish National and Regional Risk Assessment 2023.
See the detailed agenda here.
The participation in the Webinar is free, but registration is mandatory. The webinar will be spoken in English.
To register for the webinar, please visit: https://bit.ly/roadmap_webinar1